Apples and butternut squash come together for a delicious, baked treat.
1/3 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 teaspoon molasses
¼ cup light butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground mace
2 lbs butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cut in ½ inch slices
2 large apples, cored and cut into ½ inch slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together SPLENDA Sweetener, molasses, butter, flour, salt and mace.
3. Arrange squash in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Top with slices of apple, then sprinkle with the sugar mixture.
4. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until squash is tender.
Amount per Serving
Serving size: ¾ cup squash and apple bake
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Sodium: 340 mg
Total Carbs: 24 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 9 g
Protein: 2 g
Adapted from: American Diabetes Association