1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper or hot sauce
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
4 (4 oz. each) halibut or haddock fillets
(about 1 to 1½ inches thick)
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 oz.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a wire rack (cooling rack) with cooking spray. Set the wire rack on a baking sheet. Set aside. On a plate, combine the coating ingredients.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the ingredients for the batter.
3. On a plate, combine the crumb ingredients.
4. Dredge both sides of each fish fillet in the flour mixture. Dip each piece of fish into the batter. Then coat both sides of each fillet with the panko crumb mixture.
5. Place the fish fillets on the prepared wire rack on the baking sheet. Bake the fish for about 25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
Amount per Serving
Calories 245, Fat 7 g (Sat. Fat 1.4 g), Carbohydrate 16 g (Fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Potassium 600 mg, Protein 29 g, Phosphorus 340 mg
Adapted from DiabetesForecast.com