1 lb. tilapia or other similar white fish fillets
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (preferably Greek-style)
1 1/2 Tbsp. nonfat mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. mild or hot salsa
2 tsp. lime juice
Fresh ground pepper to taste (not included in nutritional analysis)
1 cup shredded green or red cabbage
1 large tomato, seeded and diced
1/3 cup minced cilantro
4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
4 thin slices fresh avocado
1. To prepare the fish: Combine the fish with the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, and garlic in a bowl, and let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
3. Prepare the vegetables; set aside.
4. Remove the fish from the refrigerator, and heat the oven to broil. Cover a broiler pan with foil, and coat with cooking spray. Broil the fish for about 4 to 5 minutes per side until fish is cooked through. Remove from oven. Let fish cool slightly; flake into large pieces.
5. Heat each tortilla in a large skillet over medium heat, cooking the tortilla on each side for about 2 minutes until lightly browned.
6. Spread the inside of each tortilla with about 1 Tbsp. of the sauce. Divide the fish among the tortillas and top with some of the vegetables. Fold over the tortilla to form a taco and garnish with a slice of avocado. Drizzle additional sauce over each taco.
Amount per Serving
Calories From Fat: 70
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
Sodium: 500 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 34 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 8 g
Protein: 33 g
Adapted from Diabetes Forecast